Welcome to My Family Blog.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Oh NO!!!!!

 


It has been so long since I have blogged I nearly forgot how to change my page but I think its coming back.

"Stop picking your nose". How many times does a parent say this to their children. I know I have said it more times than I'd like. While playing Wii with Rylie she was intently going to town on her nose. "Stop picking your nose" I said she looked at me and sadly said "You get it". Oh boy, those words were trouble. She never wants me to touch her nose. There was something wrong. I had her lay down as I shined a light into her snout. There was definitely something in there.I proceeded with a bobby pin (something I learned from my mom) I dug and dug.....nothin......I even tried to get it with a battery powered aspirator. NOTHING!!!!! "Rylie get dressed we're going to the doctors". While on the phone the nurse tells me there is hope for me to BLOW it out. "Hold the opposite nostril, cup your mouth over hers and blow....it should pop it right out if that doesn't work bring her in". "Rylie lay down mommy needs to give you true loves kiss" I tell her. It worked it brought the obstruction to the surface and I pulled it right out. It was a large wad of tissue. She vowed to keep things out of her nose........hopefully.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. YIKES - what a story. Only Rylie - wait a minute Grandpa Jim did a few of those things as a child and also tried the ear.
    Your blog is DARLING!!! I LOVE your family picture. What a cute family you are!! I've been reading your blog over and over and its fun to see added fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that! She is such a hoot! Oh how I love that little girl of yours! I just can't wait til Wrigs figures that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you finally blogged!!! Oh Rylie, gotta love her xoxo

    ReplyDelete